As a patient of The Leone Center for Orthopedic Care and Holy Cross Health, your rights are protected under Florida State law and regulations. Below is a comprehensive list of your Patient Rights:
The Patient has…
- The right to be treated with courtesy and respect, with appreciation of his or her individual dignity, and with protection of his or her need for privacy.
- The right to a prompt and reasonable response to questions and requests.
- The right to know who is providing medical services and who is responsible for his or her care.
- The right to know what patient support services are available, including whether an interpreter is available if he or she does not speak English.
- The right to know what rules and regulations apply to his or her conduct.
- The right to be given by the health care provider information concerning diagnosis, planned course of treatment, alternatives, risks, and prognosis.
- The right to refuse any treatment, except as otherwise provided by law.
- The right to be given, upon request, full information and necessary counseling on the availability of known financial resources for his or her care.
- The right to receive, upon request, prior to treatment, a reasonable estimate of charges for medical care.
- The right to receive a copy of a reasonably clear and understandable, itemized bill and, upon request, to have the charges explained.
- The right to impartial access to medical treatment or accommodations, regardless of race, national origin, religion, handicap, or source of payment.
- The right to treatment for any emergency medical condition that will deteriorate from failure to provide treatment.
- The right to know if medical treatment is for purposes of experimental research and to give his or her consent or refusal to participate in such experimental research.
- The right to express grievances regarding any violation of his or her rights, as stated in Florida law, through the grievance procedure of the health care provider or health care facility which served him or her and to the appropriate state licensing agency as follows:
For questions or concerns, you may call the Guest Relations Department at Holy Cross Health and speak with a representative at extension 6610.
You may also contact the following Florida state licensing agencies for assistance:
The Agency for Health Care Administration: 1-888-419-3456
or the Consumer Assistance Unit
2727 Mahan Drive/Bldg. 1
Tallahassee, FL 32308